04 Sep Promoting Women’s Entrepreneurship in Southeast Serbia
ABW Serbia continues with its efforts to expand the network of women entrepreneurship associations in Serbia and works together with a group of women entrepreneurs in Vranje in order to support them to establish their local association of business women. The new association will encompass and gather women entrepreneurs from Southern Serbia municipalities Vladicin Han, Surdulica, Bosilegrad and Trgoviste. This initiative aims not only at stimulating women for entrepreneurship, but also providing an option for self-employment in this underdeveloped economic region.
ABW assists a group of women in Vranje in developing a strategic plan for establishing and registering their new civil society organization, as well as in increasing their technical and management capacities.
The project will be implemented through capacity building meetings, workshops, mentoring and consultation activities, in order to create a network of women entrepreneurs in Pcinja district.
Project goals are:
- Strengthening the entrepreneurial potential of women in this region
- Increasing the visibility of their contribution to local economic development
- Networking with women entrepreneurs at the national level
- Changing gender stereotypes in society and economy
- Developing and strengthening multiculturalism in Southeast Serbia
- Strengthening of partnerships with public sector agencies devoted to gender, employment and SME issues
This project is financed by the Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia and represents a continuation of a successful project cooperation between the US Embassy and the Association of Business Women in Serbia.